New Words:

burn [bɜːrn] 燃烧;烧;着火;烧着;
burn down 烧毁;(使)烧成平地
calorie [ˈkæləri] (热量单位)卡路里


So I can burn some calories.
这样我就可以燃烧掉一些热量。

Sometimes big fire can burn forests.
有时候大火可以烧毁森林。

Look out, or you'll burn yourself.
当心,否则你会烧到自己。

I don't want to know how to burn down my house.
我不想知道怎样烧掉我的房子。

New Words:

true [truː] 符合事实的;确实的;真正的;真实的
genius [ˈdʒiːniəs] 天才


This is a true story.
这是一个真实的故事。

Oh, come on,you know that isn't true!
哦,得了吧,你知道那不是真的!

I think he's a true genius.
我认为他是个真正的天才。

You're a genius.
你是一个天才。

I'm an English genius!
我是英语天才!

New Words:

break [breɪk] v.(使)破,裂,碎;弄坏;损坏;坏掉;弄破;
broke [brəʊk] break的过去式
broke down 临时出故障的;受损事故发生故障


The dog bit me but didn't break the skin.
那条狗咬了我,但没咬破皮肤。

She fell off a ladder and broke her arm.
她从梯子上掉下来,摔断了胳膊。

The bus broke down on the way.
公共汽车在路上抛锚了。

The bridge broke down.
桥坍塌了。

New Words:

trailer [ˈtreɪlər] 拖车;挂车
lady [ˈleɪdi] 女士
ladies [ˈleɪdiz] lady的复数
gentleman [ˈdʒentlmən] 彬彬有礼的人;有教养的人;先生
gentlemen ['dʒentlmən] gentleman的复数


She's a very sweet old lady.
她是一位非常亲切的老太太。

He's a true gentleman.
他是个正人君子。

This way, please, ladies and gentlemen.
女士们,先生们,这边请。

New Words:

carnival [ˈkɑːrnɪvl] 狂欢节;嘉年华
busy [ˈbɪzi] adj.忙碌的;忙于(做某事)


So, are you here for Carnival?
那么你是来参加狂欢节的吗?

The Carnival is exciting!
嘉年华可刺激了!

Don't come if you're busy.
如果你有事的话,就不要来了。

Are you busy next Monday ?
下周一你忙吗?

Try to get some rest , you have a busy day tomorrow.
休息一下吧,你明天还要忙一天呢。